- Title: Desert Survivor: An Adventurer's Guide to Exploring the Great American Desert
- Author: John Annerino
- Released: 2001-08-01
- Pages: 272
- ISBN: 1568582005
- ISBN13: 978-1568582009
- ASIN: 1568582005
-- Outside Magazine
"Desert Survivor: An Adventurer's Guide to Exploring the Great American Desert. A "how-to" detailing the dangers and pleasures of exploring the Great American Desert and a guide to the natural and social history of the region."
-- Southwest Books of the Year
"Some folks like to head out in search of adventure. Others prefer to find it in the pages of a book. Either way, readers can't go wrong with John Annerino's Desert Survivor. Intimately versed in the ways of the wilderness, Annerino has written a book for exploring the Great American Desert."
-- Arizona Daily Star
"Your shelf or bookstore likely has many volumes with reliable information on survival and camping. Two of my favorites [one is] John Annerino's Desert Survivor: An Adventurer's Guide to Exploring the Great American Desert and . . . "
-- Bill Broyles, author of Sunshot: Peril and Wonder in the Gran Desierto
"John Annerino is one of a handful of photographers with a real empathy for the West. His work has an edge to it, reflecting the sheer size and power of his subject a subject he treats with love and respect." - Newsweek"
From the Author
Southwest Books of the Year
* View images from this photo collection at johnannerinophotography.com
* Read the author's illustrated biography at johnannerino.com
* Get updates about the author's published work at Author Central
* Order now from Amazon
* Autographed and inscribed copies available at johnannerinobooks.com
Images from this photo collection were featured in:
* High Risk Photography: The Adventure Behind the Image
* Desert Light: A Photographer's Journey through America's Desert Southwest
* The Wild Country of Mexico / La tierra salvaje de México
* Vanishing Borderlands: The Fragile Landscape of the U.S./Mexico Border
Writing and research from these essays were featured in:
* Canyons of the Southwest: A Tour of the Great Canyon Country, A Sierra Club Book
* Dead in Their Tracks: Crossing America's Desert Borderlands
* Desert Light: A Photographer's Journey through America's Desert Southwest pdf